Saturday, March 26, 2005

Delightful Work

Well today was the second day of my manual labor on mom's shed and it burned! Literally, I got sunburned. I'm not a fan of hot weather, mostly because I hate burning, and my distaste for sweating profusely. I'd prefer to keep comfy warm in a nice coat in 30ยบ weather. Instead though, today I finished roofing a SHEET-METAL shed of all things! After slicing my hand twice, becoming a nice candy-apple red and even crispifying the top of my ears, I completed the task, minus three measly bolts. Let me tell you; standing on a ladder for five hours can make your calves feel like steel, or, the cramps in them anyway.

It's been a bit since my last post. I'm still looking for work, and find a few places here and there that are hiring, but it seems that I'm always the last that they pick. Maybe my qualifications are a little scarce, but I don't buy it since my brother got a call from the last place, and he's only worked two jobs in his entire life. Oh well.... More next time.

No comments: