Monday, August 22, 2005

The Work Cronicles: Part I - After My Nap

Part I: After My Nap (McDonalds Incident)

After waking up at 1am, I sat around and drank some nasty hotel coffee from the pot that makes approximately 7oz of gross coffee from one of those packet-type filters with coffee grounds in it. Though it was strong, it tasted as if someone left out the "coffee" flavor from it. Oh well, what a way to start the day.

I talked to Stephanie online for a bit, won at a game of cribbage, and smoked her at a game of yahtzee. Smoking and playing games goes hand-in-hand, especially with a cup of coffee, and I had only one Marlboro 100 left. Somewhere in-between my card game and smoking my brother had woken up and he also, only had one cigarette left, so now was as good a time as any to stock up and get some food in our systems. I would find this would be the start of the problems (dum Dum DUMMMM).

It didn't take long to cruise around at 2am and see which lights were on, and what businesses were open. It seemed that there was a 24 hour McDonalds open, and I immediately drove into the drive-thru. My brother spouted his order of: a number 6 meal, with unsweetened tea, and 2 double cheeseburgers. I followed with a number 5 and sweetened tea. The little voice that spoke through the speaker replied. "We have a late night menu, and double cheeseburgers aren't on that menu." This immediately pissed off my brother. "Forget them then!" he replied. "Okay, forget the doubles." I said. "The chicken sandwich isn't on the late-night menu either." The little box from the menu said. "Fuck this place" my brother mumbled. The lady from behind the mic at McDonalds told me to drive around after I told her to drop the whole first part of our order, and I pulled around. I forgot to remember that I'm in the north, they have no clue what sugar+tea equals. I had gotten unsweetened tea, and my brother nothing. He was throwing his little fit, and for some unknown reason, starving himself, because he wouldn't order anything. Next for the gas-station.

The gas station was right across the street. I pulled in, leaving the car running, and asked Mike; "Do you want some food from here?". "No." he replied. I really wasn't sure what to do. I looked around, and noticed that cigarettes were $40.00 a carton. "Geez, that's high." I said. Mike replied with a mumbled answer telling me how dumb I was for not getting some in Tennessee, and that I should've listened to everyone instead of being stupid. I was fed up at this point. I went into the store, got a few cheese danish to eat with my coffee, and payed for 4 packs of smokes and headed out. I offered Mike my food on the way back to the room, but when he passed this time, I decided to eat it and not say a word. On the way up I told him that we might not even get to go out for lunch, just depending on if the project manager at Lowes will open the doors for us at lunch time. "If they don't I'll break the fucking door and leave, then quit!" he grumbled angrily.

This leaves me here, now; writing this in my blog. I'm really not sure how things will work out, but hopefully they do, or I may be home sooner than I think.
Later today: The Noon Meeting.

No comments: