Monday, August 22, 2005

The Work Cronicles: Preface

I have read recently about people who wrote about instances at work, and have suffered consequences, even lost their jobs for "blogging" about work, but I'm going to do it anyway, because.... well I think that it could be interesting, and maybe I'll realise something from doing it.

Day 1; Sunday, August 21, 2005:

The drive started at around 2:00am and I headed off towards highway 81, via 40e. As soon as I got onto 81N, I had to turn around, apparently my brother had forgot his shoes, so we couldn't have that. I suppose everything else was much of a blur, driving and driving and driving for eight hours.

We (my brother and I) arrived at around 11:30am at Quality Inns and asked the clerk for their weekly rates. He told us that $350 was the price, we swiped the debit card, and headed out to lunch while they prepared our room.

When we got back from lunch, the cleaner was just starting our room. We had blown at least two hours, and we were still waiting! Not much later, we were headed up to the room and I configured the free "high-speed" internet with my wireless card, and headed to the INTERNET.

I took a nap at 2pm and slept until about 1am. (rough eh?)

This is a pretty boring day as you can see..... hopefully something better soon!

No comments: