Friday, April 03, 2009

Raining In My Heart (Bleeding)

Rain beats down on the tin roof with a calming presence. The rain can keep falling for all I care, as the tears I've lost replenish, and the clouds hide the sun. My heart casts a similar sound, raining on the inside, breaking.

The door closed behind her, but there's no lock. Not yet. I'll leave it that way for a while, but once it's locked, you'll have to wait your turn to have the key. Be damned sure you hang on to it though for if you walk out the door next time, it may just close on your limbs before you exit.

My brain is thinking in blue and black. Don't try to understand. I dream in color, and though maybe not so book-smart, my grasp on the picture is panoramic compared to your cropped portrait. Yet again coffee lingers in my mouth after brushing. Something that tastes so good leaves a taste in your mouth that lasts for ages. Bitter, maybe, but undeniable what you just had.

Knuckles bleeding and teeth grinding, the light pains the brain. Click, click, click, pause... Try harder to understand and let the rain keep beating while my heart is bleeding.

No comments: