Friday, September 02, 2005

Alone in Time

   I sit here again alone and although I don't have to put up with the stress of work, I can hear my own pulse. The beating beneath my chest makes an audible sound; "thump thump, thump thump". Sun shining down upon the pool as I gaze outside at one of the hotel customers sun-baithing out by the pool. Scarce clouds across the sky, playing peek-a-boo with the sun, but for the most part, very nice outside.
   All I can think about is going down and having a beer at the hotel bar and relaxing a bit. I'm tired, but sleep only visited me for two hours this morning. I inhale the last bit of menthol from my cigarette, and try to decipher my mind's thoughts this afternoon. I'm filled with a lot of blankness today. These thoughts don't contain much useful information. As I slowly type that sentance, I think about next weekend, and my trip back home to pick up Stephanie. I wish it were closer, but I cannot control time and so the thought quickly leaves. I'm sure that it will happen in due time. I play with my hair and rough it up a bit. My hair has become stiff from the hotel shampoo and dry for the local climate. It feels almost like a toothbrush. This disturbs me minimally, and once again I'm left blank. I long for a refreshing drink of juice or something that isn't carbonated and labeled "Pepsi". I'm sick of drinking soft-drinks and hope to keep my kidneys in-tact. I roll my neck in a circle and hear the popping-creaking of my spine.
   I think I'm going to head back to bed.

No comments: