Monday, September 19, 2005

Death's Deception

There's a certain beauty in death. Today while driving, I saw a kitten lie dead in the road. My frist reaction was "awww" and instant pity. My mind could not control that, but I slowly realised that the kitten no longer had the stress of life's worry to contend with. No worry where the next meal would come, no abusive enviornment. It could be free before the chains were attached. Sometime after child-hood we are bound by the responsibilities of life that plague us and pester our thoughts and hopes. Rent, phone bill, credit score, physical appearance. We can only hope to walk with our feet off the ground and our hearts open (hopefully unscathed) and our mind in the clouds.

1 comment:

And, This Is Why I'm Me said...

I always feel sad for the animal's family. I've even all out cried while seeing an animal lying dead on the road or by the side. His mommy is wondering where he's at...